Vacancy – Associate Studio Director - Sydney
We are designers, landscape architects and urbanists connected by our purpose to create projects which challenge and delight, carry impact and meaning whilst enhancing the lives of people and natural systems in an enduring way.
ASPECT Studios is seeking passionate, purpose driven senior candidates to join our leadership team based in Sydney.
The position plays a key role in business development and leadership our career defining projects. Candidates with experience leading large, integrated transport and related public realm projects will be highly regarded.
The ideal candidate will be a leader with proven skill and depth of experience in Landscape Architecture, complex urban environments and delivering sustainable built outcomes.
Candidates must be degree qualified in Landscape Architecture or equivalent, with at least 10 years post-grad industry experience in design, project delivery, client liaison and team management.
We are seeking candidates with at least 10-15 years post-grad industry experience in design, design development, project delivery, client liaison, and project management. The ability to guide design outcomes, present to clients and undertake project negotiations is critical to this role.
Candidates must have exceptional people and leadership skills, always seeking opportunities to mentor, coach, develop and grow your people and teams, skills and knowledge.
Our next Associate Studio Director will possess the skills needed to build business, convert opportunities and oversee significant projects in the Sydney market. You will be a flexible and adaptable leader who can deliver under pressure. You will have a passion for design and strive to achieve the highest standards of design outcomes, co-creating value for our clients and the community, and possess strong collaborative and team working capabilities.
Additional experience required includes:
– Extensive industry knowledge, experience and relationships within the Sydney/NSW markets
– Active involvement in business development and marketing strategies, client engagement and negotiation
– Track record of developing winning bid strategies
– Commercial confidence developing and negotiating scope and fees
– Leadership of a range of project scales from concept design, master planning to design development and review of contract documentation/site support.
Our workplace culture is supportive, creative and driven. Benefits you will enjoy as an ASPECT team member include:
– Additional two weeks of annual leave through our Purchased Leave Initiative
– Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and trained Mental Health First Aiders
– Creative environment and connection to the global studios
– Pet friendly studios
– MAPS Days – four paid days a year to grow your skills and knowledge.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a PDF of work examples under 20mb in strict confidence [email protected] and quote REF# 21EOISYDASD in the email title. Only applications from Australian Citizens, permanent residents or long-term visa holders are eligible for appointment.