Associate - Sydney
Our Sydney studio has a number of existing projects under construction and is seeking a passionate and experienced designer to join the team. The role would include taking the lead on several projects of differing scales, including projects at concept phase as well as those under construction, and steering them to completion. This is an excellent opportunity to join our purpose-driven team and play a vital part in the outcome of our incredible projects.
Our 2021 has been and continues to be, filled with exciting work at a variety of scales and stages. Accordingly, we are seeking talented senior candidates who are capable to hit the ground running and lead our career defining projects.
Our ideal candidates will be degree qualified, senior practitioners who are looking for sustained career growth within a large design Studio. You will always deliver to a high standard, confidently manage projects, actively engage with and contribute to a design Studio culture and bring your strong collaborative and team working capabilities to the practice. You will also provide oversight and mentorship to help grow the capabilities of your team.
Experience required, includes:
- Managing projects of a range of scales from concept design, master planning to contract documentation/contract administration,
- Assist with the development of submissions/proposals and input into the preparation of proposals and project related design strategy,
- Supervise all junior staff/direct reports to deliver projects including delegating of responsibilities,
- Enforce design quality, including reviewing all work completed by all staff being managed,
- Prepare and externally present to client groups on project related matters, and
- Assist with the sourcing of new clients and prominent challenging projects for the studio
ASPECT Studios benefits
Our staff are creative and driven, so you can rest assured that your workmates will have your back and help you to succeed. We are a business that is extremely supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential. Our Global Training Strategy includes a regular calendar of internal and external training throughout the year with dedicated Training Advocates in each studio location.
Additional benefits you will enjoy as an ASPECT Studios employee include:
- Additional two weeks of annual leave through our Purchased Leave Initiative,
- Access to generous Parental Leave benefits,
- A busy calendar of studio social events including Friday afternoon activities and drinks,
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and trained Mental Health First Aiders,
- Fantastic company culture and work environment,
- Pet friendly studios,
- A workplace supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential,
- MAPS Days – four paid days a year to grow your skills and knowledge.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and work examples in strict confidence to [email protected].
For further inquiries please call Matthew Shaw, Senior Studio Manager via email [email protected].
Only applications from Australian Citizens, permanent residents or long-term visa holders are eligible for appointment.